Monday, October 4, 2010

Check Yourself!






October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I thought I would put together with my counterpart something for the women of Fier. This project was a month in the making and the day before it happened I honestly had no idea if it would all come together because of the lack/miss communication that had happened all month. Breast Cancer is something that is dear to my heart and I am sure that we all know someone or are directly impacted by this or Cancer in general. I had worked with my counterpart Suela putting together invitations, putting together information for the Doctor, booking a place to have the event, making sure we had people come and of course putting together deserts. All in all it came together Albanian style. I can't complain about one thing because it happened and people were present. We had the media of Fier come out and around 65 women came to the event that was held at the library. I was more than blown away with the people and the feedback I had received. This was our first project and it was a success... now onto the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment