Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time. You always want more...



this is for you leslie because you gave me the best gift and that was your time.


I had my first visitor and let me tell you it was such a treat to have my cousin here with me in Albania. To actually be able to show her my world was something so special for me. I can only do so much and give details of my life here in Albania, but to actually come here live and breathe it she now has a full understanding of everything. She now understands that much more of the person I am becoming because of Albania. We did some traveling around Albania, visiting some sites, visiting some volunteer friends, but my favorite part was just going out to the million coffees we did with each other. I have known my cousin my whole life and have spent a lot of time with her through the years, but I can say without a doubt I know her on a different level now. Maybe because we were forced to spend every waking minute talking ( sorry about that Les! ha) with each other because we didn't have the distractions that can get in the way of good communication. I have such respect for my cousin for taking time and actually just wanting to come to Albania and just see what I do on a regular basis. I love her so much and this trip definitely strengthened that to the highest. She again put in perspective how important my family is to me, the love I have for them and how life is really not worth anything without those relationships. I am so proud of her and all that she does. She has an amazing heart that wants to explore all that life has to offer and learn from it. I wish her the best of luck this year on her school year with her kids knowing that she makes an impact as a teacher and that God has called her to do that and what a wonderful gift she gives to those children. I am so proud of you Leslie!

Some wonderful memories I have with Leslie-
-our furgon ride with the bunnies and cat-What what!
-our ride to and from the Blue Eye.. ha a first for us both! Thanks for letting me sit on your lap!
-our trip up to Apolloni when we both couldn't stop laughing at the poor furgon and then our walk back down the road when we thought we were going to have to walk the 2 hours home because everyone was on pushim!
-you learning shqip words!
- my Grandpa serving you all that beer!
-host Cousin, his lovely words and how he enlightened us that night to live life at age 14. Shoot why not?!
-all the coffees we had with my neighbors on the street
-Diana's cats
-getting lost
-all the crystal light packets

But most of all my favorite memory is just you being with me in Albania. ( I know cheesy, but its true and only you know that) I will always remember when Freddie knocked on our door at 4 in the morning to take you to the airport.. I didn't think it would be so hard for you to leave, but it was. Of course I wished for more time that morning and the next few days, but I am just satisfied you were here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment