Wednesday, August 4, 2010

tested.


Everyday we go out into the world with a certain agenda of ours with the mindset of trying to accomplish a certain task. Sometimes this agenda is for our own personal accounts, sometimes for someone else, or just because. While my cousin was here for the past two weeks we decided to spice up my lovely white walls. Our goal was to get some fabric, ribbon, and nails to put it on the wall for me to hang some pictures and at the same time adding some color to the walls. So the last task was to go out and look for some nails. One afternoon we set out on a specific agenda to find nails. We stopped at this one store on the way home that looked like a repair shop so of course there had to be nails there. So we stumbled literally into this store and it was around two ( which is pushim time which really means things are closed until 5 ) so the door was open so I walked right in and a few minutes later a man from the back walked up front. It had seemed by the looks of things that I had waken him up from his nap. By the looks of things he was a bit of a mess. Minutes went by then we finally came to the conclusion that I wanted some nails to hang some things on the wall. I wanted 4 nails that was it. He than began pulling out all sorts of sizes and kinds of nails when I had already reached over the counter and picked up the four I wanted, but he continued. At this point I was a bit frustrated inside because I knew what I wanted, but he wanted to show me other things and then began sharpening other nails. I stood there thinking about the misunderstanding. Thinking this guy doesn't understand me. Boy was I wrong. After 10 minutes of him showing us what he could do with nails and all I wanted to do was pay for the nails and get out of there. He wrapped all the nails ( there was about 20 now) in some newspaper and I asked how much and he told me nothing. I said no, how much. He said it was his pleasure and wouldn't let me pay. Ouch. I walked out of that store feeling horrible. I literally felt like crap. I then was upset with myself for thinking the things I did. For getting so caught up in my own agenda that I was missing the picture. As leslie and I walked home we both agreed that he was a nice man, but now my thoughts were going some where else. As I dwelled on this I couldn't help, but relate this to the way I feel about Gods undeserving love that he has for all of US. How at times we do and says things and in no means deserve his love, but he gives it anyways. How he made the ultimate sacrifice on the cross. Somedays we all know we don't deserve it, but he gives and shows it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment