Saturday, July 17, 2010


So last week I had the honor of going to Suzana's House. This is a lady who in my first weeks of living in Fier I would pass as I went to work. I began to build a relationship with her. I bought fruit and veggies from her than I began to make visits to her and just sit and hang out with her at night. She is one the people who makes me feel so at home here. I am so thankful for her and her family and there constant support towards me. Last week we made a date so that I could go with her and her daughter to visit her house. I had such a great time.. her house is lovely and they worked for 15 years to have what they have. I sat in the living room as her daughter and I watched some music videos (the first time I had seen cable in 5 months, it was weird.. I like being disconnected.) and visited. Her daughter is around 18 years old and speaks some English. Suzana treated me like a guest and feed me. She told me to not worry and eat whatever I wanted because we are friends now and this is my home. Oh how I love her.. and they then tried to convince me to spend the night, but I had to decline telling her that I like to sleep in my bed. ( She replied well this weekend then!) Hand and hand ( yes, literally I guess your never to old to hold hands!) she and her daughter walked me back to my apartment about a 15-20 minute walk.

And tonight I am heading there to meet a niece of theirs that lives in Philly and speaks fluent English...

No comments:

Post a Comment